martes, 28 de julio de 2020

Conservation Letterfrack, Connemara 2019

As I mentioned in the last post, creating the Catalogue for the Wyatt linked me to this Conservation Company, which was specialized in Furniture Conservation.

With a background of Conservation-Restoration of wooden items and Paintings I happened to be the perfect fit to work on really interesting projects.

Some of this projects were done in days, which would give the chance to see so many different items to work on and take all the knoledge about them.

But there were other projects that were specially waiting for me to be done, and one of them was the Railway Fry Collection:

This collection to be treated had a total of 331 miniatures of railways made out of metal, wood and cardboard. The treatment consisted in :
- Photo ID for the Inventory
- Cleaning
- Assembling loose parts
- Treatment of pests if any
- Coat of protection
- Visual Photo Catalogue for the Museum in Dublin




After four months of work on this collection, it came the time for a mural-painting on a unusual medium: Acrylic on Lino.

The title was "Tir Na Og", an Irish Tale told on 11 panels which belonged to Trinity College in Dublin.





And the last important project that I was able to enjoy: A Balthasar from the Hunt Museum in Limerick.



The part of this job that I enjoyed the most was the work on site: taking part on the Conservation of a Exhibition or the treatment and Inventoring of Historic Houses as many examples. What I take from this experience is the amazing good vibes that we had as a team work. That made my year inso many ways that now is leading me towards what I want it to be my career. And if I need to travel around in order to keep improving my skills, I am eager to keep doing it.



Challenge is part of this job. The search for many ways to conservate a item is also important part of this path. Is not easy, but that is precisely what I enjoy the most.

Even if after 2019 my experience with this company had to end, I am really lucky to have known such an incredible staff and professional of the field. There is always something new to take in every day and that is the beauty of this world.

Until our next encounter.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario